Download: Carol Klitzner Resume: carolklitzner-techwriter–2016
Carol Klitzner is a technical writer with an unusually broad range of experience. Carol produces clear, focused, easy-to-use technical and user manuals targeted to the specific audience that will be using the manual. The documents Carol produces have these qualities:
- User manuals are task-oriented, giving quick information that allows users to perform their business functions efficiently and effectively.
- Help systems are organized and indexed so users can get to the information they need and get on with their work.
- Technical manuals are clear, unambiguous, and convey the needed information to the technical audience.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity plans and documentation, designed to provide business resiliency for any size company.
Requirements documentation, test plans, and other SDLC documents convey information from one part of the team to others on the team:
From the project-management team to an offshore development group.
From the designers of the end-user experience to the developers and QA team.
- From the development team to the operations team.
The Portfolio link on the menu above opens a page of samples. This page is available only by password granted only for a short period of time. Carol has worked in a variety of industries, and specializes in quickly understanding what users need in that business to become more productive. She has:
- Written for financial companies
- Documented policies and procedures for major banks
- Documented trading systems for traders and investment bankers
- Developed pharmaceutical test plans under FDA rules
- Documented information risk management systems for investment banks
- Created requirements for market-research systems
- Created online training materials for insurance companies and banks
- Authored help systems for end-users in medical, financial, market research, asset management and other fields